Monday, October 23, 2006

The most exciting thing that happened to me this week, friends, family and others, is that I walked to Beverly Hills yesterday. It took about one and a half hours to get there and another three to get back.

Woo hoo.

Again, as I said in my previous entry, this place does not even come close to the chaos of China. I mean, sure I live in a building where drunken Hispanics regularly try to break into my apartment thinking they live with me. And of course it is interesting to see that all the restaurants have their cleanliness ratings posted on their windows.

And, it is still most difficult to communicate with most native Californians due to an absolute lack of things to say to/with them.

But, this is the same country, the same language, and a very similar culture as back East. There are times I miss things like grass, but I dig the palm trees. It is also hard to stay depressed out here for some reason. But overall I have felt little if any culture shock, other than my phone is strangely silent... back East, I had numerous friends calling on a regular basis wanting to hang out, but here I barely get a call. Which is good, mind you... I enjoy being silent and alone. But it does not make for terribly interesting blogging.

Oh yeah, I am gonna prosecute that fucker who smashed up my car. That should be fun.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Avenge me!!!

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home